Saturday, August 21, 2010

Introduction

Hi (Potential) Readers,

I believe all blogs should start with some kind of introduction. I started this blog to show my attempts at cooking. I do not attend culinary school (in fact I major in Corporate Finance and Accounting), and I have never taken a cooking class. Everything I know about cooking I learned from recipes and cookbooks (and some general things from my mother and sister).

My passion for cooking started a few years back when I started watching Hell's Kitchen. It wasn't until last year that I actually started picking up the knives myself. It began as me wanting to make one dish, which then blossomed into a hobby, and then grew from there.

I remember the first dish I really cooked on my own. It was salmon with a pineapple relish served on top of angel-hair pasta. It came out pretty good, the pasta was slightly undercooked, but it was a step in the right direction. After that night I began to cook more for as many people as I could.

I got my first cook book last Christmas as a gift from my sister. It was Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food. I cooked a lot of dishes from that book, and had an entire dinner party with recipes from only that. Earlier this summer I purchased another Ramsay cook book, and it has really helped improve my cooking ability.

Now, I'm not a good chef by any means. I couldn't walk into a fine-dining restaurant and be able to land a job, but as a college student without any formal training, I think I can hold my own.

This blog will show the different dishes I create, things I learn, and progress I make towards my goal of becoming a good chef (and maybe tryout for MasterChef). I will pass along recipes I use and find across the web.

I hope that people actually come across this blog, and if you do, please keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment